8/21/2013

Balmain Dynasty

The second I saw Manon Leloup gallop down the Balmain runway during Paris Fashion Week last February, I immediately thought of Dynasty. Although an average person born in 1993 doesn't (and probably shouldn't) remember this soap, I have some vague recollection of reruns on some Croatian television when I was a child. The plot doesn't interest me in the slightest, but the style...the style is OTT awesomeness and (I believe) the core inspiration for Oliver Rousteing's fall 2013 collection for Balmain.










If in the past week you've opened a newspaper or a gossip blog, you couldn't have missed Lady Gaga rocking some Dynasty-inspired Balmain. My guess is that she commissioned every single piece from the collection (well, except for the ones worn by Kate Bosworth and Zoe Saldana) to channel her inner Alexis and Krystle.




No comments:

Post a Comment